Sunday, August 8, 2010

"JUARA RAKYAT" Karnival Kerjaya dan Keluarga Kamunting 2010

I attended this event as I was selected as a representative of Game Development Programme in YKS. Well, this is my first time going to Kamunting, which is a place very close to Taiping.
We were there to promote the courses provided by YKS and at the same time, to seek for other opportunities.

This event was organized by Northern Corridor Implementation Authority (NCIA). To be sincere, I don't know anything about this authority before, and now I get to know that this authority is actually for bringing up the people, technologies for future industries and economies in Northern Corridor Economy Region (NCER) that covers Kedah, Northern Perak, Perlis and Penang. And the YKS I'm currently joining is one of the bodies which operates under this authority and is financially supported by the government.

The event was held at the Dewan Majlis Perbandaran Taiping in Kamunting and there was around 20 booths. Most of the attendees are Malays and many kids were there. Besides, YB Dato' Seri Mohamed Nazri Abdul Aziz, Minister of the Ministry of Prime Minister was invited to uphold the open ceremony. When he visited our booth and I've got my chance to demonstrated my little simple games to him and shook hand with him.

I'm quite satisfied that some of the Malay kids are interested in the game I've created and we've quite a long discussion there. And what we enjoyed the most was the cakes brought by the representative of cake baking course. Haha!

When it was lunch time, we had free 'mee rebus Muar', laksa and drinks provided by the organizer.
Here are some pictures snapped by me:


This is our booth, pretty small huh?


The stage of the Dewan Majlis Perbandaran Taiping, Kamunting.


That's me, snapped when bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment